AccessRx.com Conducts Urologist Survey Regarding Erectile Dysfunction & Treatments
Results Include Feedback on Viagra, Cialis, Levitra
AccessRx.com has released the results of a urologist survey related to erectile dysfunction and the FDA-approved prescription medications that treat it - Viagra, Cialis and Levitra.
The urologist survey reveals information regarding: which ED medications are prescribed most often and why, their side effects, their effectiveness, as well as other treatments currently used.Abstract results
- Viagra is prescribed most often.
- Levitra has the lowest amount of side effects.
- Viagra and Cialis tied for effectiveness, according to patient feedback.
- Cialis is experiencing increased sales due, primarily, to the fact it lasts longer.
- More than two-thirds of urologists also recommend the following ED treatments: self-injection, penile implants, vacuum devices and urethral suppositories.
AccessRx.com mailed/emailed a survey to 120 urologists who designated their specialty as "erectile dysfunction" on the American Urology Association website . Results from the 17 responses received appear below.
- Which ED drug do you prescribe most often? (16 responses)
- 50% Viagra
- 37.50% Cialis
- 12.50% Levitra
- 23.53% Viagra
- 35.30% Cialis
- 41.17% Levitra
|1st Place Votes||2nd Place Votes||3rd Place Votes|
- 82.35% Active Ingredients Last Longer
- 58.82% Effective Marketing
- 5.88% Generally More Effective Than Viagra
- Other: Less pressure for time, more natural sex; online drug program (marketing/advertising)
- 100.00% Self-Injection
- 88.23% Penile Implants
- 82.35% Vacuum Devices
- 70.59% Urethral Suppositories
- 58.82% Sex Therapy
- 35.29% Naturopathy/Supplements/Herbal Medicines
- 29.41% Revascularization
- 23.53% Other Surgeries
- Other: Penile Lengthening (Peyronies)
- 8 Effectiveness of Product - (4 Viagra, 2 Cialis, 2 Levitra)
- 4 Patients Ask for It Most Often - (2 Viagra, 2 Cialis)
- 4 Active Ingredients Last Longer - (3 Cialis, 1 Viagra)
- 2 Least Amount of Side Effects - (2 Levitra)
- 1 Reputation Among Peers/In the Industry - (1 Viagra)
- 1 Works Faster - (1 Cialis)
- Other: Most long-term data (Viagra), more rigidity (Levitra), dosing opportunities more robust (Cialis)
* AccessRx is accepting suggestions for future surveys. If there is a survey you would like to see, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.